It’s one of the biggest challenges with online communities – getting members to contribute content to your website… and it’s an essential part of growing your online member directory.
But the biggest challenge is clearly explaining the benefits of WHY members should spend any time on your website in the first place.
In this article we are going to show you 3 actionable strategies to get your members to wake up, log on and post content on YOUR website.
But first, let’s establish a few benefits about unique content on your website:
- It creates more pages for search engines
- It works to attract more visitors
- It turns your website into a more valuable resource for the industry you are serving
- As more members contribute content, other members will follow
- Writing content yourself can be expensive and time-consuming. Getting your members to contribute content solves that problem for you.
Activate Your Community
For most directory sites, signing up members is sometimes relatively easy. But after the initial visit, members rarely return to update their profiles and, most important for you, they never contribute additional content.
But here’s the simple fact: people act when they understand how something can benefit their business. So how can you encourage people to return to your directory site to contribute?
First, you need to communicate with them. Brilliant Directories includes email marketing tools so that you can send email newsletters to your members.
Here are 3 actual strategies successful directory sites have used to encourage members to return and contribute content.
And remember… the more unique content your website hosts, the more visitors it will attract.
1. Email Existing Members
2. Email Potential Members
3. Call Existing Members
You may want to remain hands-off when trying to get members to contribute content to your site. But the truth of the matter is, calling someone and establishing a real relationship goes a long way.
And yes this can be more time consuming than firing off an email to 10,000 people. But instead of waiting around for something to happen… jumping on the phone can be just as effective, if not more.
So… what do you say that won’t annoy the heck out of your members with a phone call?
Try out this script, you’ll be surprised:
Giving your members the ability to publish deals and events that automatically repeat on your website is not only incredibly easy and beneficial for them, but turns your website into a content powerhouse.
To learn more about recurring events and how it can benefit your site, check out the Auto-Recurring Events add-on that you can install on your Brilliant Directories website.
The Elevator Pitch:
Why Choose Brilliant Directories
We'll make it short and sweet:
- We Know Membership Sites — We've taken care of all the heavy lifting so you can focus on growing your membership community and getting users signed up.
- Access to Expert Support — We know you have questions... Our dedicated support team works 'round the clock to quickly resolve any technical issues.
- Trusted by 20,000+ Websites — With over 10 years of experience, we understand the unique needs of online membership communities.