This Tip of the Week covers topics including:
- 0:47 – Why Website Speed & Load Times are Important
- 2:27 – How Much Should You Care About Website Speed?
- 5:30 – Speed Considerations 101
- 8:21 – NEW: Enable Resource Delivery via CDN
- 9:30 – NEW: Only Load Google Maps when Requested
- 10:36 – NEW: Use ImageKit for Image Delivery
- 17:43 – Developer Hub >> Image Settings
- 19:11 – ImageOptim.com/online
This is a segment from Webinar Wednesday 133, recorded live on April 13, 2022.
Website Speed & Load Times: Key to Better User Experience, Improved SEO & Increased Revenue
Website speed and load times are increasingly important factors for website owners to consider in today’s digital landscape. A slow website not only affects the user experience, but it can also negatively impact SEO and potentially lead to lost revenue. For membership website owners, it’s essential to prioritize website speed and page load times to provide a smooth and engaging user experience, as well as to drive traffic, increase sign-ups and boost overall revenue.
Why Website Speed & Load Times are Important
Website speed and load times are crucial indicators of website performance and user experience. A website that takes too long to load can lead to frustrated users, decreased engagement and potentially lost revenue. Additionally, website speed and load times are now considered ranking factors in search engines like Google, meaning that a slow website can negatively impact SEO and reduce organic search visibility.
How Much Should You Care About Website Speed
The answer is simple: as much as possible. The benefits of a fast website are clear, from improved user experience to increased SEO and revenue. Website owners should prioritize website speed and page load times, and take proactive measures to ensure their website is running as efficiently as possible.
Speed Considerations 101
To help membership website owners prioritize website speed and page load times, Brilliant Directories has created 3 new advanced settings that users can enable to boost website performance. These settings include:
- Enable Resource Delivery via CDN
- Only Load Google Maps when Requested
- Use ImageKit for Image Delivery
Benefits of Prioritizing Website Speed and Page Load Times
- Improved User Experience: A fast website provides a smooth and engaging user experience, which leads to increased engagement and potentially more sign-ups.
- Boosted SEO: Website speed and load times are considered ranking factors in search engines like Google, meaning a fast website can improve SEO and increase organic search visibility.
- Increased Revenue: A fast website can lead to more sign-ups, as well as increased engagement and reduced bounce rates, resulting in increased revenue for membership website owners.
- Reduced Bounce Rates: A fast website can reduce bounce rates, as users are more likely to stay on the site and engage with its content if it loads quickly.
- Enhanced Brand Reputation: A fast website can enhance a brand’s reputation, as users associate a fast website with a professional and well-maintained brand.
Use Cases for Higher Website Speed and Page Load Times
- Membership Websites: Membership websites are especially reliant on website speed and page load times, as a slow website can result in lost sign-ups and reduced engagement.
- E-commerce Websites: E-commerce websites that rely on fast load times to ensure a seamless shopping experience and reduce cart abandonment.
- News and Content Websites: News and content websites benefit from fast load times to ensure users can access and engage with content quickly and efficiently.
- Online Services: Online services that require quick access to information or functionality can benefit from faster website speeds, as it improves the overall user experience and increases trust in the brand.
- High Traffic Websites: Websites that receive a large amount of traffic can benefit from faster website speeds, as it reduces the risk of server crashes and improves the overall user experience for visitors.
You Can Do This!
Website speed and page load times are critical factors that can impact user experience, SEO and revenue. Membership website owners can take advantage of the new Brilliant Directories advanced settings to boost website performance and provide a smooth and engaging user experience. By prioritizing website speed and page load times, website owners can drive traffic, increase sign-ups and boost overall revenue.