This Tip of the Week covers topics including:
- 1:13 – High Value Benefits to Deliver ROI
- 2:23 – 1) Visibility & Referrals
- 3:38 – 2) Help with Completing Profiles
- 10:14 – 3) Informative Monthly Newsletters
- 13:38 – Tips to Develop a Successful Newsletter
- 14:14 – 4) Minimum Competition From Others
- 19:00 – 5) Promote Your Premium Members
- 20:14 – Bonus: Premium Benefits Page – Value Proposition
- 21:29 – Filling Your Members “Value Tank”
This is a segment from Webinar Wednesday 96, recorded live on August 26, 2020.
Everyone knows that directory websites are a great way to generate passive revenue, but how do you know which strategies to use for your industry?
We’ve compiled a quick checklist of the things most paying members look for before joining a directory. You may be surprised to learn that although coupons, videos and similar enticements do add value to your website, they typically won’t be the key factors persuading members to upgrade to a premium level.
Providing one or more of the following items may well help you in attracting paying members and member upgrades.
1. Provide Paying Members with Visibility & Referrals
Without a doubt, this is the main reason most members want to upgrade. Most businesses and professionals that join a website do so because they believe that, in some form or way, it will lead to more business. It is an investment. And with every investment, investors are looking for returns.
When it comes to online directories, returns come in the form of leads. If your website delivers quality leads, your customers will be happy with their investment and will quickly become ambassadors for your brand and long-term customers. What measures are you taking to ensure that upgrading will guarantee your premium members more leads?
2. Assistance with Completing Their Profile
Whether you do this via email or over the phone, helping your clients optimize their profiles after signup is essential. You’ll want to make sure they continually add new content and take full advantage of all the features at their disposal.
This is also a great way of building relationships with new premium partners. Don’t be shy – especially at the beginning. Pick up that phone, introduce yourself and help them set up their profile to take full advantage of the services you’re offering.
3. Informative Monthly Newsletters
Keeping your members in the loop about exciting new developments and providing them with tips on how to make the most of their premium listing will show them what a dynamic proactive website you are.
4. Minimum Competition From Other Members
Paying members can usually accept having to compete with other paying members for leads – or anything else. However, should word leak out that a free member has equal opportunity to compete for new business, you may have a retention issue on your hands.
By giving paying members priority over free members on inquiry messages from website visitors, not only will you make your paying members happy, you’ll also encourage free members to upgrade to paid memberships.
5. Featured On Your Homepage, Social Media, Blog & More
Premium members need to know that you are working for them. Sharing premium member content on your social media sites is a great way of showing you’re not sitting on your hands. It’ll also encourage members to post more content – thus helping the overall performance of the site.
If you haven’t done so already, create a landing page that clearly outlines the benefits of signing up for premium membership. Focus on: your unique selling proposition, how you’ll get them more leads and the additional services included.
The Elevator Pitch:
Why Choose Brilliant Directories
We'll make it short and sweet:
- We Know Membership Sites — We've taken care of all the heavy lifting so you can focus on growing your membership community and getting users signed up.
- Access to Expert Support — We know you have questions... Our dedicated support team works 'round the clock to quickly resolve any technical issues.
- Trusted by 20,000+ Websites — With over 10 years of experience, we understand the unique needs of online membership communities.