25 Secrets for a Successful Directory Website
Yes, a directory website is a great way to generate passive recurring revenue. Most of us get that. But even with the greatest directory idea, you need to know where to start.
The fact is, it’s not your fault. A lot of the technology is confusing and we were never taught how to use it. The risks are just too high to actually get started.
But here’s the good news: things are easier now. The technology is more intuitive. All you need is a great idea and a clear plan of action!
We’ve compiled a list of the 25 most helpful tips that will enable you to overcome any obstacles standing in the way of you and your brilliant idea.
25 Tips For Starting A Website Directory
- Pick a simple company name…don’t complicate things
- Choose a domain name that is catchy…it should be easy to remember
- Your slogan should explain your purpose in a few words…if it requires more, then it’s confusing
- Get a Toll-Free number…it’s a cheap investment and people trust companies that are accessible (even if they never call) Great Source For Toll-Free Numbers
- Launch quickly & don’t wait for details…your competitors are right behind you
- Add awesome features later…if you need cool features from the start, then the core idea is not strong enough to stand on its own
- Keep costs down…focus on launching quickly and getting users…don’t invest in anything else to start
- Don’t delay because you’re secretly scared…launching quickly and getting [any] feedback from your first users is invaluable
- Don’t worry, you can change things later…your site will never be perfect, make updates as needed
- Ideas are worthless without action…good ideas mean nothing unless you turn them into something real
- Don’t dwell on ‘what ifs’…invest a little to test a concept quickly rather than spending years thinking about it
- If you build it they will come…for smaller teams, you only need a small piece of the pie to thrive
- Don’t buy expensive domain names…you can do that after you prove the concept with your first users
- Make your message clear…complicated wording confuses people
- Tell people what to do…use verbiage that tells people exactly what to do, don’t outsmart them with ‘clever’ wording
- Make an irresistible offer…you don’t need lower prices, just tell them how much more they stand to gain
- Don’t compare yourself to others…focus on being awesome
- Keep the sign-up process simple…too many sign-up options will turn people away
- Free members are valuable…you gain quality users and the opportunity to upsell at a later time
- Use the tools at hand…don’t delay by thinking you need certain features to succeed, many have done more with less
- Problems are opportunities…people who complain are the ones who care the most and are most likely to buy something
- Use social media marketing…it’s cheap, builds a loyal following and creates a strong brand name
- Don’t let others bring you down…there will ALWAYS be negative critics, push forward and think positive
- Use high quality images…eye-candy goes a long way and adds credibility
- Don’t be stubborn…accept constructive criticism, be nimble, and adjust as needed
You can do it! Contact our friendly directory coaches for a free consultation and more tips to get started!
CALL NOW: 1 (800) 771-9332
GET FREE TIPS DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX
[contact-form-7 id="4271" title="Newsletter Sign Up"]